In our previous articles, we discussed leveraging Gen AI to transform knowledge management and how developers boost productivity with Now Assist Text-to-Code. This blog will focus on the Document Intelligence feature in the latest ServiceNow Vancouver release.
What is Document Intelligence?
DocIntel is an artificial intelligence (AI) solution that enables organizations to automate and accelerate the process of extracting data from documents. The solution is an AI/ML application that grows and learns as your business processes change, streamlines workflows, adapts to changing processes and ensures faster ROI while maintaining security.
Gone are the days of manual data entry and the complexities of navigating spreadsheets. With DocIntel, you'll effortlessly map fields, ensuring a balanced data flow from vendor invoices to your procurement ecosystem while eliminating manual errors and incomplete information.
How is Document Intelligent Unique?
DocIntel uses AI algorithms to accurately predict and auto-fill crucial fields, eliminating inaccuracies and boosting operational precision. As procurement documents come in all shapes and sizes, DocIntel thrives on diversity, adapting to various formats while extracting vital data. Skewed layouts? No problem. The AI remains robust, delivering insights despite challenges.
- Document Intelligence uses machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and computer vision technologies to automate unstructured documents' analysis, extraction, and transformation to improve business processes.
- The no-code / low-code solution helps to overcome document process obstacles, such as unstructured content that cannot be automated with template-based OCR and other standard tools.
- NLP and ML models decode complex documents, providing valuable insights for faster, more accurate search, retrieval, review, and processing of various formats like scanned text, HTML, PDF, images, and more.
The NOW Platform's DocIntel offers the flexibility to define the information you want to extract and learn and improves with every interaction. The application provides instant value realization and quantifiable time savings from Day 1 and continued improvements over the long term.
Use Cases of Document Intelligence:
- Document Intelligence offers versatile use cases and benefits across IT Service Management (ITSM), Field Service Management (FSM), and HR, among other enterprise departments.
- Tasks taking humans several minutes of manual data input are completed in a microsecond.
Automated Document Extraction to Achieve Accuracy of Extracted Data
Automated document extraction uses technologies such as optical character recognition (OCR), computer vision (CV), natural language processing (NLP), and machine learning (ML) to identify, classify, and extract specific fields from documents. The tools can transform digital and physical documents, from invoices and purchase orders to customer feedback forms.
The extracted information can then be automatically matched to existing business systems for further analysis, automation, and processing. These technologies will improve over time based on user feedback and the extracted data's accuracy.