Baptist Health is the leading healthcare provider in Jacksonville, Florida, and is committed to a faith-based approach to serving the healthcare needs of patients in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. Baptist Health, as a non-profit organization, focuses on making the best use of its resources to deliver excellent patient care. The organization has received recognition in radiology/oncology, surgery, clinical services, and dozens of other patient care disciplines.
Founded in 1955, Baptist Health has grown alongside its community to encompass six hospitals, four emergency care centers, two hundred clinics, and fifty primary care centers across the Northeast Florida region.
Baptist Health fully realizes the integral role that IT investments play in delivering quality medical care. In today’s world of electronic medical records, virtual visits, and seamless patient data exchange, IT assets and services provide the nervous system that connects patients, care providers, and the back office.
To help ensure the maximum return on investment for its IT hardware investments, Baptist Health partnered with INRY and ServiceNow to deploy an innovative ServiceNow HAM/SAM and Business Continuity Management (BCM) solution that included market-leading capabilities like:
- Capture of information aimed at making the organization’s IT services and assets more resilient in the face of a wide range of risk areas via the configuration of ServiceNow Process, Asset, and Vendor Libraries.
- Full lifecycle management of hardware and software assets from acquisition through end of life provides visibility into asset alignment with the organization’s business, data, or compliance-related requirements.
- Definition of the organization’s most critical IT processes, services, and assets through Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Development of mitigation strategies and plans, including Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis Recovery.
- Governance of the BCM Framework so that roles, responsibilities, processes, and enabling technologies are well-defined for key BCM areas.
By aligning Baptist Health’s ServiceNow IT asset investments to critical requirements for the organization’s mission and continuity requirements, the solution helps to ensure that every dollar spent on IT helps advance the quality and velocity of patient care.
Thanks to the ongoing partnership between Baptist Health, INRY, and ServiceNow, the organization has seen compelling benefits such as:
- More resilient IT operations that can identify, understand, and mitigate risks to its business continuity to ensure that the organization’s information systems are available to advance its patient care mission.
- More informed insight into the correlation between software and hardware investments and their value to Baptist Health. IT spending is a complex matter, and in the absence of information on how investments align with specific mission requirements, overspending or underspending is inevitable. The HAM/SAM solution provides clear insights on cost/benefit to inform more impactful IT investment.
- Elimination of manual tracking via spreadsheets, databases, and other ad hoc systems used to manage the IT asset lifecycle. By automating asset management across the full lifecycle and aligning assets to IT mission capabilities, Baptist Health has returned capacity back to IT for more strategic planning to serve the organization’s evolving information system needs.
Click here to Download the PDF or continue reading below.